Seachrome SSB-280150 NW Bench Style 28" x 15" Shower Seat Naugahyde White cushion
(Pictured- Phenolic White 1-Piece Solid).
- Seat top material options:Seat top design: 3" slats (phenolic material only) or one-piece solid with standard drain slots
- Phenolic material (offered in Almond, Teak or White)
- 1-1/2" cushion (offered in Almond or White)
- One-piece solid HDPE (White)
- Solid Surface material (9 standard options)
- Frame: constructed from #304 stainless steel
- Yoke: #304 stainless steel (1" diameter x 18 gauge, .048) with flanges (3" diameter x 10 gauge, .135), welded to tubing (1" round x 18 gauge, .048)
- Available frame finishes: Satin Stainless, Polished Stainless, Powder Coat (9 standard colors: White, Biscuit, Almond, White Wrinkle, Almond Wrinkle, Satin Nickel, Bronze, Black, Polished Brass)
- Meets and exceeds the minimum 250 lb. load requirement when properly installed
Bench Style Shower Seat Naugahyde – 28" x 15" – SSB-280150 NW
Convenient bench seat provides solid support and easily folds up against wall when not in use.
|STANDARD SEAT MATERIALS/COLORS|
Naugahyde – White or Almond, covering 2” (51mm) thick foam mounted on 1/2” (13mm) thick marine plywood.
The following are available at additional cost
Phenolic – White or Teak, 1/2” (13mm) thick x 3” (76mm) wide slats bolted to frame with countersunk stainless steel screws.
Phenolic Solid – White or Teak, solid 1/2” thick single seat top with slots for drainage.
HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) – White, 1/2” thick one piece.
Solid Surface – Various Colors, 1/2” thick solid surface material.
Seachrome seats meet Federal Spec. WW-P-541/8B and ANSI 117.1. When properly installed, all seats exceed applicable federal load specifications. These models have been independently tested to withstand 1,000 lbs in a 30-minute static load test.
NOTE: Seachrome recommends that all accessibility seats, as well as grab bars, be installed using 2” minimum thickness “in-wall” solid wood backing material with #10 x 2” stainless steel, Phillips head, sheet metal screws, or using a wall-imbedded minimum 12 gauge (2.8mm) steel anchor plate with #10 x 24 stainless steel machine screws.
Load Bearing and Installation:
When properly installed, all Seachrome shower seats have been designed and manufactured to support loads exceeding the downward pull requirements for Federal specifications FHA, VA, HUD, hospital codes, and private construction. The actual "in use" load bearing capacity of any shower seat, however, will be limited by the strength of its mounting surface and installation hardware. Seachrome recommends that shower seats be installed using 2" minimum thickness "in wall" solid wood backing material with #10 x 2" stainless steel, phillips-head, sheet metal screws, or using a wall embedded, minimum 12 ga. (2.8mm) steel anchor plate with #10 x 24 stainless steel machine screws. Please contact the factory for further mounting recommendations.